One of the foremost disciples of the renowned maestro Sangeetha MahaMahopadhyaya Shri T.R. Subramanyam (TRS) since 1982 till he passed away in 2013.
Now under the tutelage of the renowned vocalist Sangita Kalanidhi Sanjay Subrahmanyan.
Descendant of the renowned archetypal composer Shri N.Kotiswara Iyer (sishya parampara)
- Maternal aunt Late Smt. Ananthalakshmi Nagarajan and uncle Late Shri R.M. Sundaram were both the prime disciples of Kotiswara Iyer
Initiated into and trained in Carnatic Music by mother Smt. Saraswathi Santhanam, Sangita Vidwan
MUSICAL PROFILE OF T.R. SUBRAMANYAM
Acclaimed widely as the most versatile musician of our times, TRS (as he is popularly known) is the pride of the Government College of Music, Madras, from where he passed out with the first rank and with the postgraduate 'Sangeetha Vidwan' title in 1951. He had the good fortune to learn under the feet of late Musiri Subramanian Iyer.
Since then, he grew into a top-ranking vocalist of all-round mastery and is still celebrated everywhere as the 'Pallavi King'. He has recently retired after a distinguished and dedicated service of thirty years in the Faculty of Music, Delhi University.
TRS is also a musicologist of repute. He is being repeatedly invited for lectures and demonstrations in all corners of India and countries like the USA, the UK, Canada, Japan, Australia and Singapore and by prestigious institutions like the Oxford and Cambridge Universities. He has appeared repeatedly in the National Programme and Sangeet Sammelan of All India Radio and Doordarshan.
Knowledge and Experience in Carnatic Music
- Extensively performing all over the country in all major cities and sabhas and in all the major sabhas of Chennai during the December Music Festival since the year 1998 .
- Regular performer abroad, especially in Singapore and in the US.
- Graded Artist of All India Radio, Chennai
- Performed in most TV Channels - SVBC (Nadaneerajanam), SUN, Raj, Jaya, Vijay and Amrita TVs
- For DD Pothigai, Chennai, performed a thematic concert titled " Mysore Fragrance " in 2012.
Prizes & Awards
- Ogirala Veeraraghava Sarma Endowment Award, Visakha Music Academy, Visakhapatnam, AP, India (2017)
- Kartik Award of Excellence - Kartik Fine Arts, Chennai (2014)
- " Asthana Vidwan " - Kanchi Kamakoti Mutt, Kanchipuram (2008)
- " Yuva Kala Bharathi " - Bharat Kalachar, Chennai (2005)
- Best sub - senior concert prize - Indian Fine Arts Society, Chennai - Jan 2004