One of the foremost disciples of the renowned maestro Sangeetha MahaMahopadhyaya Shri T.R. Subramanyam (TRS) since 1982 till he passed away in 2013.
Now under the tutelage of the renowned vocalist Sangita Kalanidhi Sanjay Subrahmanyan.
Descendant of the renowned archetypal composer Shri N.Kotiswara Iyer (sishya parampara)
- Maternal aunt Late Smt. Ananthalakshmi Nagarajan and uncle Late Shri R.M. Sundaram were both the prime disciples of Kotiswara Iyer
Initiated into and trained in Carnatic Music by mother Smt. Saraswathi Santhanam, Sangita Vidwan
- She was the disciple of Sangeetha Kalanidhi Shri Mudicondan Venkatarama Iyer (First, when she was a student of the Madras Music Academy in 1951 and later under the Central Govt. Scholarship Scheme).
- She was the student of the Central College of Carnatic Music (now known as Tamil Nadu Govt. Music College), Chennai and belonged to the 1952-54 batch.
In addition to Mudicondan Venkatarama Iyer, she was taught by :
- Shri Musiri Subramaniya Iyer
- Smt. T. Brinda
- Shri Tiruppambaram Swaminatha Pillai
- Shri Mayavaram Krishna Iyer
- Shri Devakottai Narayana Iyengar
- Maternal grandmother Smt. N. Bhagirathi was proficient on the veena was a student of maestro Mysore Veena Seshanna.